perjantai 12. elokuuta 2011

Travelling day

Today my day started rather early, 5:30 in Helsinki and I got to go to the airport by 8. Flight was dued to leave 9:15 to Vienna via Frankfurt. I met Kimmo, the judge I am assisting at the gate when I was struggeling with my computer... For some reason, my computer starts acting up when Kimmo is around. Good thing is, he knows how to fix it. The same thing happened last year in Jämi, and he did his magic and that one still works.  Now I have my "new" one with me, only a bit less than a year old computer and it gave me the "blue screen" few times at Helsinki-Vantaa, but now it *seems* to be working out... So now, after a long day, I am taking pack up files from photos and other important stuff.

Anyway, from Helsinki we flew to Frankfurt and I was kind of hoping to see few friends there but I guess they were busy or unable to see me there. Well, that was most likely the situation, but one can always hope ;)
After a short break of 2 hours, we continued to Vienna and landed safely to meet PIK waiting for us - with LG! and just to be clear, PIK was the chief judge last year in Jämi and this year in Poland, and is now working as a "normal" judge here in Slovakia. LG then again, is here as the president of jury and we already met last summer in Jämi. That was a nice surprise.

We drove to Dubnica, which took about 2 hours or less, on a perfectly good highway in PIKs car and finally found the airfield. There were few familiar faces and ´names for me, but honestly this is my first contest in Power so basicly I don't know anyone. Luckily, I am quite social, and talk to people easy, so it was nice to meet few other very nice people.

After a late dinner I am in bed, trying to copy all my files to the hard disk I had with me and hope for the best... I seriously need to do something to this computer before it crashes completely.

Right after the crucial files, I need to get some sleep. There is a judging seminar tomorrow, and i know that some people will give me a hard time... ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti