lauantai 20. elokuuta 2011

Mission accomplished.

Today we finnished the 2nd unknown program. Finally. Everyone started to get restless, it was really hard to concentrate from time to time but we pulled it off. 2870something marks given by each judge in this competition. That makes 213 flights all together. Including the warmups. Or not, I am not quite sure, but close anyway! That is a lot for a first timer. Especially when we did not have writers, or scraibs, so I had to do that also as an assistant. Reading the notes and writing down the marks at the same time, is quite challenging. And even more if you have to check the rolls at the same time, see what is going on in the sky... So basicly, multitasking.

Next weekend I will be judging myself, in glider nationals in Finland, which will be very interesting for me. It is a bit different, not so fast tempo flying and the rules and judging is a bit different than the power contest, so maybe next week I'll take the bus to work and study the glider rules before the competition.

I have to say, even I have spent an amazing summer, with two big competitions, it is good to get back home for a change. Honestly, I am a bit homesick. Only thing not so appealing, is the amount of laundry to do and on tuesday I have to go back to work. The one they are paying me for ;) And next weekend the nationals in Kauhava, will be great seeing all the friends and "my team from Poland" again. I have missed my friends in Kauhava (and in Pori of course)! Really looking forward to that, so in a way it is an easy way out, back to normal life.

Tomorrow we will have morning off, so it is time for some shopping, I need to get something to the kid at home and then we'll have an airshow, the closing ceremony, some fireworks was also promised and the closing dinner. And I definately hope that the thunderstorm we had this late evening will not come back for tomorrow.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti