perjantai 27. heinäkuuta 2012

Muddy afternoon!

35 flights down, well, actually 34 since one pilot had to come down due low cloud base and is now somewhere down the end. Or tomorrow morning, who knows. We saw some very nice flights, and some not so good, but no bad mistakes anywhere. And that I like. It is so much easier to work as a judge if the pilots are flying correctly. But dear Lord if they miss a figure or turn the wrong way. Then all hell breaks loose. Sorry for the expression, but so it feels. Power aerobatics is so fast and quick that you need to be alerted alllll the time.

Must say, it was a really warm day. In the afternoon we got also some rain. And the field where we're sitting turned into a smelly, muddy field. Well, not that bad, since the rain didn't last for long, but I seriously thought that there was a mistake in the contest program and the Aquaparty was today, not on the 1st as planned...

Sorry for the bad quality, but this was taken with my phone from under the parasol, and I was also trying to protect all still at least remotely dry things... :D
Anyway, after the contest day we had a dinner at the briefing tent and then a German evening, with some delicious dried ham and different types of cheese. And some wine. Finally got back to the hotel and took a looooong shower, it felt like the ants from the field were still crawling on my legs. Besides, I got bitten twice, I don't know by what but it itches like ****. 

Now I think it is time to get some sleep, breakfast at 6:30 and briefing at 8:00. Again.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti