perjantai 13. heinäkuuta 2012

2 down 3 to go...

Midnight sun air show and Jämi flyin & airshow are happily behind us, both were nice and fine airshows as always. Worked in both of them, volunteer as always. A lot of work and I would do it again any minute!

Actually, I am doing it all over again... After Jämi I moved myself, my car and all my stuff to Oripää, to get the Nordic Aerobatic Championships ready. Nordics is always organised in turns with Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. Last year it was Norway, next year is going to be Denmark.

We started preparations last winter already, and we have received so far over 30 entries. Unfortunately also few cancellations due to technical, meteorological, medical or financial reasons. Things happen, no can do. I was hoping to see all the nordic pilots in Oripää, but you can't always get everything.

We have already some finnish pilots here, as well as danish and swedish. Also the swedish judges have arrived and tomorrow we can expect the Chief Judge to arrive. Maybe also some finnish judges and other organisation. This past few days have been really busy. I have been setting the contest office up, cleaning up the cottages and campers for the people accommodating here, cooking evening meal for people since the airfield restaurant will be open this evening, shopping, arranging accommodations outside the airfield, etc. etc.

Now we're having breakfast, press conference, training, cleaning, printing, checking papers etc etc. day. So, I'll get back to you later!

and btw, 3 to go... Nordics as a contest director, World Advanced Aerobatic championships in Hungary as an assistant judge and World Glider Aerobatic Championships in Slovakia as an observer. Huh.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti