maanantai 2. kesäkuuta 2014

Ploops and Numpties

It is finally time to head back to the blog-world and update what has been going on during the winter.

After returning home from Texas without any bigger problems than major jetlag, it was quiet for a few weeks and then we headed to the CIVA Plenary meeting. I was attending too, since I was assisting in the meeting, as "travel and hospitality person" or something like that. Meaning, I helped the President of CIVA,  to organize the meeting, so took care of travel arrangements, meeting facilities etc. Of course, that didn't go as planned for me ( I lost my wallet in Helsinki-Vantaa airport in the beginning of my travel), but hopefully everyone else had a nice meeting. I was voted in the CIVA Bureau as the second secretary with Mady DelCroix. It is going to be an interesting journey deep into the world of aerobatics. And I thank all of you who voted me.

In the end of November we had our own annual meeting, and I was elected (well, I was the only candidate so...) as the president of Aerobatic Club of Finland. Along my school and  part-time work, this will keep me busy with aviation. Again, thank you for the confidence.

The real season kick off was held in Oripää, in mid May. The first aerobatic camp. I visited only on Saturday, since I had exams at school etc, so I couldn't be there full time: I was happy to see so many pilots and other enthusiasts and several new faces. Way to go guys!

My first assignment as a judge this year was the UK Glider Nationals in Saltby, UK. I was there 2 years ago, and now I had the privlidge to work with this good Frenchman, Bernard Courtois as a Chief Judge. Nick Buckenham was our Contest Director and despite of the weather genie playing games with us, we managed to pull through the whole contest.

I flew in on Wednesday and waited for few hours in Stansted. I met Dietmar Poll there and got a ride with him and his friend to Saltby. We had to scrap the whole Thursday, since the weather really sucked, but on Friday we got few flights. Followed by few flights on Saturday. The contest was finished on Sunday in not-so-typical Brittish weather. I also met few old friends, who didn't attend the contest, but visited the site. Good to see you people. Hope to meet you again soon somewhere! And always nice to meet new people!  Hope to see you guys again too!

We had a good time on the judging line,  I had an excellent assistant so it was easy to work. We also developed few new names to the figures. Like Ploop. Or a Numpty.
Ploop is obviously a P-loop. Numpty then again, is a Humpty with nothing on it. Hence Numpty.

A lot of laughs, good friends, Good flying, not so good flying, few oooops, few NO NO NO NO! -moments, and again, a lot of laughs.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti