perjantai 7. kesäkuuta 2013

There sure are plenty of MIGs

Yesterday was truly a travelling day. Started home about 3:30 in the morning after refreshing one hour sleep. Why is it, that on a normal evening, you are ready to fall asleep at 11pm but when you need to wake up at unhuman time, you can't sleep. Not one bit. Well, I got my bit, an hour. Then I snoozed few hours in a bus. When I  left home, the weather was not looking too good The clouds were unusually low. Touching the ground, so to say.

I had time for a nice cup of coffee at the airport, Starbucks, naturally. Their ridiculously expensive (and calory-rich) coffee is just too good, and since I don't have the possibility for that too often, I decided to pamper myself. Then off to the plane. I got a flight from SAS, operated by Blue1 with B717. I was lucky when cheking in, I got a seat from exit row - and didn't even anyone sitting next to me. 

 And before the day was over, I was seriously regretting that I left my good camera at home...

I got to really concentrate on reading. The Sporting code, section 6. Power.  of course :D

I also realized, that it is true. Every plane have duct tape somewhere in it. Always. This case, it was behind the panel, which is under the exit sign :D


Shortly we landed to Prague through very thick cloud. I waited a while for my tranportation and after another coffee I was picked up. I don't mind waiting (as long as I have coffee), since I KNOW there are plenty of things to do when arranging a contest.


We drove to the airport with two others they picked up, Svetlana Kapanina and Viktor Chmal. It was nice to meet these talented aerobatic pilots finally. Nice facilities I must say. Several hangars, a lot of planes, behind all there was a long line of MIGs (now someone says that there is Sukhois too, but anyway) standing there and a golf course. Yes. A golf course. Honestly I wasn't that excited about it, just surprised. 




The thing that really got my eye back there, was a long line of glass walls, where were historic photos of airplanes. The idea was really nice. The photos were taped on to the glass and rather big.









 After training they took us to take a look at the local museum, which I must say, was amazing. We had only a short time, but what we had time to see, was very nice. I will update photos from there (yes, bad phone-pictures) later to separate post.

Then a late night dinner at town and back to the hotel. After a good night sleep it was time for a hotel breakfast and now we're waiting transportation here at hotel. Should leave at nine.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti