keskiviikko 8. elokuuta 2012

Next adventure... Slovakia!

I have now been in Slovakia from Sunday evening. I got a ride to Budapest from Nyiregyhaza from lovely Anico! Thank you sweetie!
I had to wait quite a long time in the ticket office - with no air condition, and I guess after 2 hours (and about 60 people in front of me and still 30 to go according to the number tickets) they took some of us (travelling that same day) to the business lounge to buy our tickets from there.

Eventually I got on the train to Bratislava and this time I even got a seat! Not like last year in Poland... Then a quick change of train in Bratislava and the next train was even better, with AC and everything. Seat numbers and all. I ended up to the railway station of Trencin, just like planned, and took a taxi to hotel. Big spender, it costed like 3 euros...

At the "hotel" there was a young lady in the reception, who wanted me to pay immediately. And of course their machine didn't accept my Visa NOR Master card for some reason, so I had to go find an ATM. And I can tell you, locals don't reallly speak english... Bankomat - that was the macig word... Eventually I found one, and yet there I had some problems with my plastic cards, but finally got the amount out from there and headed back to the hotel...

Next day I got a ride to the airfield with the swedish team, which was great! And then all the familiar faces there. This is like a big family reunion! It is nice to see how everyone helps each other, gives tips, comments on flying (doesn't still reveal all the secrets) but anyway, have fun and enjoy the contest. One evening we had a dinner in the down town of Trencin. There was Italians, Brittish, French, Swedish and then me from Finland. oh, and one Polish. Everyone together like a big happy family.

Last night our 2013 Contest director and marketing manager arrived and today we're just seeing what's going on here in the competition. Already visited morning briefing, startline, talked about HMD's, and several other things. And now... now it is time for PIZZA!!!

1 kommentti: